Windows Trick : Inbuilt Install Creator
Here’s a Cool Trick, you might want to try if you wish to create your own installation file which extracts your files to a client’s computer. Here’s how you do it :
1. Goto ‘Run’.
2. Type in ‘iexpress’ and hit Enter.
3. Wait for the IExpress Wizard to popup.
4. Select ‘Create a new Self Extraction Directive file’ and Click Next.
5. Select your Package Purpose. Since, we just need to extract the files, select ‘Extract files only’ and click Next.
6. Set your name for your Installation package (eg. My First Setup File). Click Next.
7. Set your Confirmation prompt for the user if you wish. (eg. Do you wish to extract Parithi’s files onto your computer?). Click Next.
8. Select a Text file if your wish to show that as a License Agreement for your software/package files and click next.
9. Click ‘Add’ and select the files that are needed to be extracted to the Client/user’s computer.
10. Select the display mode of the your installation program (Default is ok) and click next.
11. Type in a Finished Message.
12. Enter your path for your installation file directory (eg. Your desktop). This will be the place where your installation file (My Setup.exe) will be saved.
13. You can save your Self Extraction Directive file if you wish to create an another setup file with the same parameters.
14. Thats it 🙂 Click next and your setup package is being created.
15. Wallah! You have successfully created your own setup file and you can share it with your friends.