Create a Simple 3D Text Effect in Photoshop in 45 Seconds!
In this tutorial we’ll see how to create a simple 3D Text Effect in Adobe Photoshop in just 45 seconds without using any of the blending options!
Difficulty : Beginner
Let’s get started,
- Open Up Photoshop.
- Create a New Document of your own desired size. I’ve set it to : 1280 x 1024 at 72 pixels/inch.
- Take a your text tool and type something on the canvas. You can also use an image if you like.
- Now Ctrl + Click on the ‘Rectangular Thumbnail’ of your text layer on the Layers panel (on the bottom right).
- Now create a New Layer (Ctrl + Shift + N).
- Now Goto Select -> Modify -> Expand.
- In the Expand dialog box, type in ‘5’ pixels and click OK.
- Now set the Background Color to Black.
- Then Press Alt + Delete to fill the selected region with the background color.
- Drag the Blackened Layer below our original text layer.
- Use the arrow keys on your keyboard to shift the position of the layer to give the desired 3D look to your text.
- Thats it!
You can check out the video of the tutorial below :
In the video,
⌘ – Key Corresponds to Ctrl on Windows
⌥ – Alt on Windows
For those who are wondering an easier way, the same can be obtained by using the drop shadow blending option with spread to 20% and size to 0px with your required distance.