How to remove the Black Navigation Bar on Google?
So, we’ve been seeing this all new Black Bar on top of Google for the past few days. It’s clearly seen that it is the first step taken by Google to launch its Google+ social network. But, awkwardly this new black bar is not too easy on the eyes and it makes the Google Homepage look ugly to some users. Here’s how we can get rid of it :
1. Using a GreaseMonkey Script
- GreaseMonkey doesn’t work with all Browsers. You need Firefox for this one. Users having other browsers can see the workaround here.
- After you install GreaseMonkey, you need to add this script to it. You can find it here.
- When you run that script, the black bar will be turned white on your browser. After Google makes changes to the bar in future, this script might not work, So keep an eye on the changes in the script in its homepage.
2. Using Stylish on Chrome.
- Install Stylish on your Chrome from the Web Store. You can find it here.
- Then install this Stylish Script.
- After the script is installed and enabled, you’ll get the white bar back on Google but the buttons still look the same.
This can be temporary solutions for you to get rid of the Black Bar but let’s hope Google makes a quick change and reverts its navigation bar back to the old white one which is easier-on-the-eyes.