Cyber Crime : Here Some Interesting Facts
Some Interesting Facts on cyber crime:
Cyber crime is the Hottest topic for the past few month for many people after 100 million user’s data has been stolen from sony’s network and Lost over $3.2 billion loss. so lets aware of the cyber crimes in the world and to have an idea of it and to make our self protected. keep reading for some interesting facts.
- Three in a 4 Hit by Cyber crime in India: In the whole Web world 65% of people and 76 % of indian’s are being the victim of online crime. India is the second most victimized nation in the world, Behind China (83 %) , Brazil (76%) and America as third place (73%) Other top nations in the top list.
- Research by the security company Sophos in April showed that China has overtaken the U.S. in hosting Web pages that secretly install malicious programs on computers to steal private information or send spam e-mails.
- The world’s First recorded Cyber crime took place in a year 1820!That is not surprising considering the fact that the abacus, which is thought to be the earliest form of a computer, has been around since 3500 B.C. in India
- In december 2000 a hacker broke into government-contracted Exigent Software Technology , which is responsible for both missile and satellite guidance, from the Naval Research Lab in Washington, D.C. Officials were able to follow the trail of the intruder “Leaf” to the University of Kaiserslautern in Germany, but that’s where the trail appears to end.
- In August 21 2008, UK’s Best Western Hotel group’s online booking system hacked By a hacker, And stole more than £2.8 billion. It is named as one of the biggest cyber crime incident.
- Punishments: A individual who hacks a individual computer or computers will get 3 years and who hacks Protected Govt system will get 10 years imprisonment and a heavy fine.
- Here some Movies about Cyber crime: The Net, Die Hard, The score. Which are about cyber Attacks.
- Here some Ways to Protect yourself From Cyber attack:
- Do not open E-mails From individuals you do not know.
- Do not execute .Exe or unknown files directly from your E-mail.
- Update your antivirus latest version.
- Make sure you have regular backup in case you lost data.
- If you run a “Wireless Network” you must take time to secure it and understand how it works.
- Just like taking care of your vehicle, keeping your PC healthy requires a little bit of basic maintenance.
- If you are the victim of any cyber attack, here’s what you should do See it