Verbal Questions and answers
Hi to all!! Its being a long to post in this category. Now going to share some of the verbal questions.
1. In a joint family, there are father, mother, 3 married sons and one unmarried daughter. Of the sons, two have two daughter and one son. and the other has one son. How many female members are there in the family?
2. Arun ranked 16th from the top and 29th from the bottom among those passed an examination, six boys did not participate in the competition and five failed in it. How many boys were there in the class?
3. If 36 people can do a piece of work in 25 hours, in how many hours will 15 people do it?
4. Pointing to a photograph, a man said, “I have no brother or no sister but that man’s father is my father’s son”. Whose photograph is that?
a) His own
b) His son’s
c) His father’s
d) None of these
5. A and B are two stations 390 km apart. A train starts from A at 10 am and travels towards B at 65 kmph. Another train starts from B at 11 am and travels towards A at 35 kmph. At what time do they meet?
a) 2.15 pm
b) 1 pm
c) 2 pm
d) 1.15 pm
1. d) 9
one mother+3 wives of the son+ 4(two Daughters each son)+ one unmarried daughter.
16+(29-1)here -1 is that particular boy in 16th rank+6+5=55
3. c) 60
15:36 : : 25:x
4. b) His son’s
Since narrator has no brother, his father’s son is he himself. So the man who is talking is the father of the main photograph. Thus the man in the photograph is his son.
5. a) 2.15 pm
Consider they meet x hrs after 10 am. Then,
(Distance moved by 1st in x hrs)+( Distance moved by 2nd in (x-1) hrs)=390
x=4(1/4) which is 4.15 hrs
So 10+4.15 hrs=2.15 pm
I hope its useful and i made clear explanation for the questions. If you find any difficulty in understanding kindly post that as your comments below 🙂