ASP.Net Question And Answers
Here are few ASP.Net questions with answers.
1.What does ASP stands for?
Ans: Active Server Page.
2. Difference between Response.Redirect and Server.Transfer.
Response.Redirect is used to redirect the user’s browser to another page. This performs a a round-trip in the client’s browser and redirected to a new page. The user’s browser history list is updated to reflect the new address in the URL.
Server.Transfer transfers from one page to another page directly without making a round-trip back to the client’s browser. This provides a faster response. Server.Transfer does not update the clients URL history list or current URL.
3. How many types of State Management are there? And what are they?
There are two types of state management. They are
- Client side state management
- Server side state management
4. What is the difference of ASP.Net than ASP?
- Scripting is separated from the HTML.
- Code is compiled as a DLL, these DLLs can be executed on the server.
5. What is CLR?
- CLR stands for Common Language Runtime.
- The CLR is a runtime execution engine which provides an environment to execute programs that are targeted in the .NET platform.
- It provides memory allocation, security, code verification, type verification and exception handling.
6. What is Boxing and Unboxing?
Boxing: It refers to the conversion of value type to the reference type.
Unboxing: It refers to the conversion of reference type to the value type.
7. What are the three types of caching?
- Page output caching
- Page fragment caching
- Data caching
8. What is WSDL?
The Web Service Description Language (WSDL) defines XML based contract services for describing the network services as a collection of communication end points.
A WSDL document contains the following
- Port and its type
9. What is Query String?
ANS: It helps in sending the form data to the server and it is used send the information from one page to another page.
10. Which method is used to force all the validation controls to run?
ANS: Page.Validate() method
Feel free to post your comments below 🙂