Difference Between Software Engineer And Software Programmer
I have been thinking to decide my carrier before two days. Then i found that i don’t know the difference between the Software Programmer and Software Engineer. Initially i thought both were same and then started to browse for that. Now here the results which i have got. First lets see what is Software Engineer.
- Software Engineer is an Engineer who understand the customers requirement, design, coding, testing and maintenance.
- The Engineer must be well versed with the tools and the methods used for developmental process.
- Engineers must have managing skill, technical skill and communication skill.
- Software Engineer design and develop many games, business applications, operating system etc.
- They must know about the computational theory, structure of the hardware and its limitations.
- A person with Engineering can be an Software Engineer soon
Now lets see about Software Programmer
- Software Programmer main work is only to write, test, debug and maintain the coding.
- After software engineers and systems analysts design software programs, the programmer converts that design to a logical series of instructions that the computer can follow.
- Programmer can also update, repair and modify the coding.
- The programmer can be any person who has finished their degree of computer science and has a good programming language.
- From Software Engineer its clear that Engineer will do the work of a Programmer, So Programmer is the subset of a Engineer.
This is what i have observed. If know any thing other than this post it as your comments below 🙂