Features of Jelly Bean (Android 4.1)
Hi everyone it has been long to see you all. Few days back Google has released it’s next version of Android, Yes it’s none other than Jelly Bean (Android 4.1). I am here to discuss few features of Jelly Bean.
- It provides support for few languages like Telugu, Kannada, Malayalam, etc
- Better character support for Arabic, Japanese.
- It provides User Install-able Key-Maps. The user connects to the keyboard, they can change the key-map using setting app or with shortcut key, ctrl+space
- For Developers, They can even create their own app to publish the new key map.
- For more consistent rendering, it provides triple buffering in Graphics pipeline.
- Reduce the latency of the touch, which results in fast response
- The Extended vsync timing and intuitive touch, boosts your CPU at the next touch event to make sure lag is minimal
Coming to Notification
- The notifications has larger display that can be expanded.
- It support new type of notification like including photos, configuration priority and it includes multiple actions
- When there is app update, you can just get the changes of the app rather than getting the full APK.
Resolution for Contact Photos Increased
- The photos which is used for contacts can be of resolution 720 * 720, more over with the help of Apps you can retrieve the contact photos with any size you want
Lets Move to Use of NFC
- Android Beam helps to transfer the data such as photos and videos to other NFC enabled devices
- It Allows for instant pairing with NFC enabled Bluetooth devices.
- Obviously the transmission rate has increased
- Default Voice search functionality is added to Android 4.1
- Google Now, makes search more visual such as displaying your results as cards for weather, navigation routes, sports scores, etc
Re-sizeable App Widgets
- The App widget can automatically re-size, based on the place where the user drops them in the home screen
- It also provides landscape and portrait layout for your widgets.
- Improved rendering speed
- Reduce in memory usage for scrolling and zooming
- Provides HTML5/CSS3
- There is no support from Adobe’s Flash Player
Google Cloud Messaging
- Service that lets developers to send short message data to their users on Android devices, without the use of proprietary sync solution
These are just few features listed… You can share the features which i might have missed out in the comment section below.